Tidelands Health Community Care Network
Contact Tidelands Health Community Care Network
1101 Highmarket St,
Georgetown, SC 29440
About Tidelands Health Community Care Network
Georgetown Community Care Network is a collaborative developed to promote medical home relationships leading to improved access to health management for under and uninsured patients. Since nearly 40% of adults in Georgetown County are uninsured and nearly 50% of Emergency Department patients are self-pay, the need clearly exists.
This initiative, which is being funded by The Duke Endowment in partnership with AccessHealth SC, includes many community partners, including faith communities, human service providers, health educators, State Agencies, primary care and specialty care providers including St. James Santee (FQHC) , Smith Free Clinic and Georgetown Hospital System. Through care coordination and system navigation services, Georgetown Community Care Network is designed to act as a bridge to facilitate positive and sustainable change in our community’s health status.
Considerable groundwork has been underway since 2011. Community needs have been assessed. Available services and barriers to care have been identified. A basic organizational model has been developed with the goal of appropriate medical care in appropriate settings for all individuals in Georgetown.
The objectives of this community collaborative include:
- Comprehensive inventory of available low cost or free medical services
- Comprehensive inventory of available non medical support services
- Systems to obtain and use affordable medications
- Linkage to available public benefits and/or insurance
- Care Coordination for high risk patients
- Care Coordination for individuals needing chronic disease management
- Linkage to mental health and substance abuse programs
- Network of available primary care and specialty care providers