The SC Society of Chaplains provides educational and networking opportunities for chaplains and others interested in spiritual and bioethical issues associated with health care.
Save The Date: October 25, 2019 Educational meeting to be held at SCHA in Columbia
To offer spiritual support to all.
The South Carolina Society of Chaplains is a non-profit multi-faith organization established to foster collegiality among its members, to offer continuing education opportunities, to promote professional advancement, and to advocate for professional chaplaincy.
- To exchange and disseminate information concerning chaplaincy.
- To raise the awareness of administrative professionals and the general public regarding the importance of pastoral care in the healing and caring process.
- To provide educational and research opportunities for those who provide chaplaincy.
- To offer an opportunity for fellowship to members.
- To promote cooperation and maintain communication with state, regional and nationally recognized chaplaincy and pastoral care organizations.
- To promote and encourage professional certification by chaplains through nationally recognized chaplaincy and pastoral care.
- To promote and encourage the hiring and appropriate organizational placement of professionally trained and certified chaplains.
Officers (2-year terms)
President (2019 - 2021)
Coordinator, Medical Services of America,
President-elect (2019 - 2021)
Secretary (2019 - 2021)
Paul Nguyen Dai
Immediate Past President (2019 - 2021)
Cheryl Simmons, Chaplain, AnMed Health