Working Well Announces Two New Centers of Excellence
Working Well would like to announce its two newest Centers of Excellence, AnMed Health and the University of South Carolina - Columbia. These two organizations were chosen to join the existing cohort of Centers of Excellence because of their innovative leadership, commitment to the health of their employees and their desire to improve population health in their community.
As a Working Well Center of Excellence, these worksites have agreed to fulfill the following duties and responsibilities.
- Attend bi-annual meetings at SC Hospital Association headquarters to network, share, and plan with other Centers of Excellence
- Participate in quarterly conference calls hosted by the SC Hospital Association to discuss such topics as barriers and challenges, innovative ways to overcome obstacles, current successes, sharing of best practices, etc.
- Serve as a leader for other facilities and businesses in their region, throughout SC, and across the country. This includes, but is not limited to, hosting hospital tours and open houses as a way to showcase employee wellness efforts, successes, and challenges.
- Share best practices as a guest speaker for Working Well webinars, workshops, conferences, and public presentations appropriate to Working Well pillars.
- Attend at least one webinar for each pillar of Working Well in addition to being a guest speaker and presenting during webinars, workshops, conferences, and other public presentations.
“USC is honored to be designated a Center of Excellence with Working Well," says HealthyCarolina Director Jessica Johnston, MPH. "We feel this is a confirmation of our commitment to our Healthy Carolina healthy campus initiative and the well-being of our faculty, staff and students. We will continue to strive for excellence in making the healthy choice simple for our community especially as it relates to healthy eating, active living, being tobacco-free and maintaining an overall culture of wellness on our campus.”
Tara Ponder, Wellness Coordinator at AnMed Health, says "At AnMed Health, we like to give our employees the opportunity and tools to do those things that we encourage in our community. We want our employees to be examples of healthy living, healthy eating and healthy choices. It’s an honor to be designated a Center of Excellence with Working Well, but the real satisfaction is in seeing our commitment pay off in a happier, healthier workforce."
Working Well, a three-year grant funded initiative that aims to improve worksite wellness policies, environments, and systems related to tobacco, nutrition, and physical activity. For more information on Working Well, contact Kendyl Cooke 803.744.3531.
- 09-27-2014 03:23 (EDT)