Questions to ask your doctor
A simple question can help you feel better, take better care of yourself, or even save your life. The federal Agency for Healthcare Reserach and Quality suggests 10 questions to help patients get the conversation started with their doctor and other care providers.
1. What is the test for?
2. How many times have you done this procedure?
3. When will I get the results?
4. Why do I need this treatment?
5. Are there any alternatives?
6. What are the possible complications?
7. Which hospital is best for my needs?
8. How do you spell the name of that drug?
9. Are there any side effects?
10.Will this medicine interact with medicines that I'm already taking?
For more information, visit http://www.ahrq.gov/questions.
- 09-26-2011 10:23 (EDT)