IHI Seminar: Quality Improvement for Chairs and Chiefs
Today, leading enduring clinical quality endeavors is increasingly the responsibility of Department Chairs and Chiefs. For clinical leaders seeking skills to both teach and improve quality and patient safety throughout their department, the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) offers Quality Improvement for Chairs and Chiefs. This two-day seminar is an opportunity to learn key elements, metrics, engagement strategies, and leadership techniques necessary to achieve and maintain a top-tier quality and safety program for an entire department.
Based on the response to an April offering of this program, IHI faculty will teach this course again on November 9-10, 2011, in Boston, MA. The program will be updated based on input from an esteemed program advisory board led by IHI Senior Fellow Vinod Sahney, PhD, including:
- David Bates, MD, MSc, Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Director, Center for Patient Safety Research and Practice, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Richard Davis, PhD, EdM, Vice President of Innovation and Patient Safety, Johns Hopkins Medical Center
- Francesca Kayser Enneking, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Anesthesiology, Shands Hospital and University of Florida
- John Fallon, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Gary Kaplan, MD, CEO, Virginia Mason Medical Center
- Donald Moorman, MD, Chairman, Department of Surgery, West Penn Allegheny Health System
- Richard Shannon, MD, Chairman, Department of Medicine, and Frank Wister Thomas Professor of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Health System
- Steven Swensen, MD, MMM, FACR, Director for Quality and Professor of Radiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine; Associate Dean for Value, Value Creation Program, Mayo Clinic
- Eric Thomas, MD, MPH, Director, UT-Houston Memorial Hermann Center for Healthcare Quality and Safety and Professor of Medicine, University of Texas Medical School at Houston
More details about program faculty, course content, and enrollment information are available on the IHI website. As with the April offering, they expect this program to fill quickly.
- 06-03-2011 02:20 (EDT)