This weekend, Contagion, a fictional drama that portrays the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other U.S. and international partners responding to a very realistic emerging infectious disease outbreak, opened at movie theaters across the U.S. The CDC provided the following talking points and resources to provide accurate and potentially life-saving information to the public about how to prepare for a public health emergency such as the one depicted in the film.
- Contagion and CDC — A website created by the CDC Foundation to help separate fact from fiction and to highlight CDC’s role in preparedness and response
- CDC 24/7— A CDC website that includes information you may find useful on how public health protects Americans from outbreaks
- CDC preparedness information
- Emergency preparedness for individuals
- Flu prevention information
- Contagion official website