At the TAP Conference in 2012, Bernard Warshaw with Colleton Medical Center and Terry Cash with Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System both accepted the Distinguished Hospital Trustee Award.
Both recipients were selected and recognized for service far above what is expected of a hospital trustee. Both have dedicated significant time and energy to the hospital, outside of normal board member roles and responsibilities. That kind of commitment, service, and advocacy both in the local community and with state and federally elected officials is representative of the Distinguished Hospital Trustee Award. It’s time to nominate a trustee from your hospital who also represents what it means to be a Distinguished Hospital Trustee. This year nominations are being accepted online. You can access the nomination packet at the link below. The deadline for nominations is July 15, 2013.
The Nominee Should Have Contributed in All or Most of the Areas Listed Below
- The nominee has made meaningful contributions to his/her hospital as a member of its board of trustees.
- The nominee has provided leadership in serving the community's health care needs and in improving the overall health of the community.
- The nominee has demonstrated leadership and service in health care policy at the state level on behalf of hospitals and health care.
- The nominee is committed to continuing governance education and stays informed on issues related to hospital boards, his/her hospital, and health care in general.
- The nominee serves as a mentor to less experienced hospital trustees.
Requirements for Complete Nominations
- A detailed 1-3 page description of why this individual deserves recognition, including his/her contributions in each of the areas listed above, involvement with SCHA or other professional groups, advocacy efforts, or other health care activities.
- A current curriculum vitae or narrative biography of the nominee.
- At least 2 letters supporting the nominations.
- A picture in jpeg format.
July 15, 2013: Deadline for Award Submissions
September 19-21, 2013: Recipient announced at TAP Conference
For More Information
Contact Lara Hewitt at 803.744.3518