Distinguished Hospital Trustee
Now Accepting Nominations for 2017
The Distinguished Hospital Trustee Award, presented annually, is a symbol of dedication and excellence in leadership and service in the health care field. It recognizes individual trustees who have contributed in an exceptional manner to his/her board, hospital, local community, and health care in general.
Any hospital trustee who has, in the past year, served on an operational, advisory, or foundation board and who has made significant contributions to health care on local or state levels.
The Nominee Should Have Contributed in All or Most of the Areas Listed Below
- The nominee has made meaningful contributions to his/her hospital as a member of its board of trustees.
- The nominee has provided leadership in serving the community's health care needs and in improving the overall health of the community.
- The nominee has demonstrated leadership and service in health care policy at the state level on behalf of hospitals and health care.
- The nominee is committed to continuing governance education and stays informed on issues related to hospital boards, his/her hospital, and health care in general.
- The nominee serves as a mentor to less experienced hospital trustees.
Requirements for Complete Nominations
- A detailed 1-3 page description of why this individual deserves recognition, including his/her contributions in each of the areas listed above, involvement with SCHA or other professional groups, advocacy efforts, or other health care activities.
- A current curriculum vitae or narrative biography of the nominee.
- At least 2 letters supporting the nominations.
- A picture in jpeg format.
1992 • John E. Peters • SC Baptist Hospitals
1993 • Nancy S Altman • Georgetown Memorial Hospital
1994 • Richard P. Moses • Tuomey Regional Medical Center
1995 • Marshall I. Pickens Jr. • Anderson Area Medical Center
1996 • Stiles M. Harper • Baptist Healthcare System of SC
1997 • William M. Cooper • Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
1998 • John R. Hunt M.D. • Anderson Area Medical Center
1999 • Harcourt Bull, III • Edgefield County Hospital
2000 • Francis B. Ford • Georgetown Memorial Hospital
2000 • Charles E. Fox Jr. • Self Memorial Hospital
2001 • Fred L. Foster • AnMed Health
2001 • James N. Craigie M.D. • Loris Community Hospital
2002 • Mary Lois Gerald • Marion regional Healthcare System
2003 • William G. Mornoe • Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
2004 • Charles Calloway Thornton Jr. • AnMed Health
2005 • Archie I. Barron • Oconee Memorial Hospital
2006 • James h. Flatley, III • Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital
2007 • Janet Odom • Tuomey Healthcare System
2008 • Richard J. Ferdon Jr. • Georgetown Hospital System
2008 • Katherin H. Duffy • Roper St. Francis Healthcare
2009 • Ben Carr Jr • Barnwell County Hospital
2009 • Donald L. Ellis • Clarendon Health System
2010 • Camilla Hertwig • Bon Secours St. Francis Health System
2010 • J. Michael Knapp • Sisters of Charity Providence Hospitals
2011 • Boyce Tollison M.D. • Baptist Easley Hospital
2012 • Terry Cash • Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
2012 • Bernard Warshaw • Colleton Medical Center
2013 • Calvin Elam • Richland Memorial Hospital
2013 • C. Edward Floyd, M.D. • Carolinas Hospital System
2014 • Gerald H. Schulze • Beaufort Memorial Hospital
2015 • Rick Wheeler • Palmetto Health
For More Information
Contact Lara Hewitt at 803.744.3518