Licensing & Certification

Finding licensure information for health professions can be challenging. To assist you in this effort, SCHA has created a page containing links to licensure information for all health professions licensed and/or registered by LLR and health professions licensed or certified by DHEC. This page will hopefully keep you from having to search out licensure information on your own and serve as a resource when licensure renewals are due. The links navigate directly to the Board responsible for the licensure of that profession. Other relevant information regarding the listed professions may also be found within the links.

Health Professions licensed/registered by LLR

Board of Chiropractic Examiners

  • Chiropractor

Board of Dietetics

  • Licensed Dietician
  • Nutrition care services
  • Registered Dietician

Board of Dentistry

  • Dentists
  • Dental Hygienists
  • Dental Technicians
  • Restricted Dental Instructor
  • Restricted Volunteer
  • Dental/Orthodontic Technician
  • Local Infiltration Anesthesia
  • Nitrous Oxide Monitoring
  • Mobile Dental Facility and Portable Dental Operation

Board of Engineers/Surveyors

  • Professional Engineer as defined in the law

Board of Long Term Health Care Administrators

  • Administrators

Board of Massage/Body Work Therapy

  • Massage/Body Work Therapist

Board of Medical Examiners

  • Acupuncture
  • Anesthesiologist Assistant
  • Physician- M.D. & D.O.
  • Physician Assistants
  • Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist
  • Respiratory Care Practitioners

Board of Nursing

  • Advanced Practice Licensure (APRN)
  • Registered Nurse (RN)
  • Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)

Board of Occupational Therapy

  • Occupational Therapist
  • Occupational Therapist Assistant

Board of Optometry

  • Optometrist

Board of Pharmacy

  • Pharmacy Technician
  • Pharmacist

Board of Physical Therapy

  • Physical Therapist
  • Physical Therapy Assistant

Board of Podiatry Examiners

  • License to practice Podiatry

Board of Psychology

  • Psychologist

Board of Social Work Examiners

  • Baccalaureate Social Work
  • Master Social Work
  • Independent Social Work
  • Independent Social Work Supervisor

Board of Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology

  • Speech-Language Pathologist or Audiologist
  • Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology Intern
  • Speech-Language Pathology Assistant

DHEC Licensure/Certification

Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)

  • Certification requirements

Licensed Midwives

  • Licensure requirements


  • Certification requires ACLS credential
  • 3rd level of classification by DHEC (3 levels for EMT classification)

Radiologic Technologists